Sunday, December 9, 2012

9 months and the holidays!

Hello everyone!


My little Pearlee officially made 9 months on Thanksgiving Day (November 22nd, for those overseas folk).  Personally, I love the holidays! Especially Christmas!  It's the time of year when everyone is in positive spirits, even if they don't celebrate that particular holiday.  And the holiday television and theater shows and Santa Claus decorations make me so nostalgic of my childhood memories.  I am so excited that this year I have a child that I can share my joy with!  Although she's still a little young, it's important to foster the behaviors now that I want her to show later on in life.

Pearlee with her Auntie Kim on Thanksgiving


I am now debating if I am going to take any holiday pictures.  I am not a Christmas card fan, but I do enjoy getting cards from friends and family with pictures.  So maybe I'll join in?



  Also, 9 months is the time when she is basically ready for her first meal outside of the pureed stuff!  For Christmas dinner, I plan on bring a food processor so that she can have a little bit of everything that I'm eating and I've already started trying to mash down food for her.  I am a fan of making sure she eats REAL people food instead the normal hot dogs, cheese sandwiches and all things bland just for the sake of calling it "baby" food. So far we like:
  • roasted squash with onions and herbs
  • kale with garlic
  • sweet potatoes ( I always add a little bit of cinnamon)
  • greek yogurt mixed with spinach (it actually isn't that bad pureed, I know it sounds gross)
  • pears
  • apples
  • carrots





and this is a picture of her enjoying an artichoke heart!!  I was even a little surprised with how much she likes these, but she was crying for more!!

And she is speed-demon crawler!  When I come home from work, I can't wait to play or game of hide and go seek!  I put her down in one part of the room, and hide behind a door, or chair something--not too far because then she'll start crying and thinking that I left her.  Now that she's getting used to the game, I think she looks forward to it as well :)

Now, the problem with having too many games is that she'll think we are supposed to play all the time.  Diaper changing has become a new sport me--making sure she doesn't become the runaway naked baby. 
 And I'm sure she'll be walking by my next post. 







 

Happy Holidays Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment