Thursday, November 8, 2012

8 month update!!

Hello Everyone!

My Pearlee is 8 months!!! OMG!!!

I was just reminiscing and looking at some of my earlier posts, and I am still so flabbergasted (that's a good word, right?) at how much my little girl has grown!



Just around this time last year, I had just found out that I was having a little girl.  I know I've said this before, but man, time flies!

I recently had to take my little one to the doctor recently from a rash on her tummy.  Don't worry, it wasn't anything too serious, but many new mothers would agree with me that anything out of the ordinary can become worrisome.  I did find out that she is now about 15.5 lbs and is 28 inches long--My little lean baby :)

By now, Pearlee has perfected crawling and can move like lightening!  And she is grabbing edges of couches and chairs a lot more to stand, so I know that milestone will be here in the blink of an eye.

And you all see all that hair, right?  It's bittersweet because I am proud that I was able to keep it growing, but man it is difficult to maintain! Right now, I am LOVING Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter when I braid her hair.  After a good wash, I wet it with a spray water bottle, then the butter and comb it out before braiding each section.  And her braids last about a week or more. I tried to keep it braided most of the time to keep it from getting dry and tangling, but she is always on the move!  She does not like anyone in her head!



I did these braids while she was sleep, but when she woke up and realized I was in her hair, she took the comb and threw it!  Lord, please don't tell me this is a sign of future hair combing sessions!  I've been told that as she gets older, she may get used to it as long as people compliment her and tell her how pretty she looks with hair done, so if you see us, can you help me out by telling her how pretty she is?

That won't be too hard with these eyes, will it?  I love this little girl to pieces!

Blessings everyone :)





No comments:

Post a Comment