Friday, August 3, 2012

Gabby Douglas and Pearlee

Hello everyone!

So earlier, I left my Pearlee on my bed to strengthen her muscles with tummy time.  Normally, I come to rescue her after 15 minutes or so, but today, I was able to cook myself and eat a whole dinner undisturbed!--ummm, this never happens! 

I come into the bedroom and find that her eyes are glued to the Olympic games.  She was so attentive and focused on the TV.  It was as if she was watching the divers so that could later learn to do these moves on her on.  It was so precious!

Now, don't worry--I am not one of those eccentric and delusional mothers who honestly believes "my baby is advanced!  You see how she can watch the TV and understand what's going on?"  Chances are, she was attracted to sounds of the TV announcers and the bright colors from the screen.  But it did have me thinking about her future and what sports (if any) will she be involved in.  I do believe she likes her bathes a little too much for a 5 month old, and that this a sign that she needs to be in aquatics.

So, could my baby be an Olympian in swimming or diving?  Better yet, could she be the first African-American to win gold in her event?  It's something I never thought about doing, but that doesn't mean she  won't.  And now, she has new role model in Gabby Douglas a good representation of a little girl living out an awesome dream:


I'm loving the fact that our little brown girls are growing and seeing they can compete in other sports besides the obvious track and field, volleyball or basketball.  We can be gymnasts, and yes, swimmers and divers too!  My baby can honestly say, "I was born the same year that Gabby Douglas won her first gold medal." 

 I think this is probably the most I have viewed of the Olympics as far back as I can remember.  And every time I watch the Olympics, I always feel like I need to run out and do a cartwheel, go swimming, I mean something! (smile).  But now I'm watching, and wondering if I will be as proud as Gabby Douglas' mom as I one day watch my daughter compete in 2024.

Look at her?  Doesn't she look like a future Olympian????




Be blessed everyone!  Go Team USA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment