Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Happy Mother's Day!




                                    Happy Mother's Day to all fellow and future mommies!

Me with my Mommy!
I had to blog about being on the "other" side of this holiday now that I am included in the celebration of motherhood.  After church, my mother, brother, fiance' and I went out to eat for brunch. 

And I can admit it--I am genuinely grateful for all the the texts and facebook posts from my friends and family who remembered that this was my first Mother's Day! 


I was also appreciative of the time it took my significant other to pick out my first Mother's Day card--yes, I am the nostalgic type that will probably end up keeping this card for many years to come.

A lot of my students asked me today, "how did I feel now that I'm mommy that celebrates Mother's Day? "  I can honestly say it does give new meaning to the day.  It's a little exciting to know that I'm part of a new club now.  I can't wait for when my little girl is able to understand and help me celebrate the day too.  After all, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be a mother :)
But for now, I will accept her constant coos and gurgles as her way of saying "Thank you Mommy" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment